Ormos Panagias, Sithonia, Halkidiki, Greece

   Ormos Panagias it is the harbor of Ag Nikolaou and 4km away. Its name is due to the church of Panagia which is there from the Byzantine years. The present church was reconstructed around 1970. The previous was work of the 19th century, built on top of an earlier church. It was at Ormos Panagias that a French war ship in 1854 sunk the ship that carried the provisions for Mr. Tsami Karatasiou revolution team. Today Ormos Panagias is used as a fishing pier and for ships taking travelers to Agios Oros.